Thank you for visiting! Please contact me with any questions.

Dear Friends & Neighbors,

Thank you for visiting my website.

Here you will find information about the 4th Legislative District, my committee assignments, my legislative priorities and bills I have introduced in the Legislature, and news from the 2014 legislative session, which adjourned after 60 days on March 13.

If you have any questions or concerns about the issues facing our state, please contact me or my Legislative Assistant, Mike McCliment, via e-mail, the toll free legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000 or my district office in Spokane Valley at (509) 921-2460.

If you would like to receive my e-newsletter, you may sign up now.

It is my honor and privilege to serve the 4th Legislative District in the Washington State Senate.

 

padden_sig

Latest News

State Supreme Court sets stage for showdown with lawmakers State Supreme Court sets stage for showdown with lawmakers
The word “showdown” conjures up images of the Old West, when one person would challenge another person to step out into the street to settle a disagreement. Recently the state Supreme Court set the stage for a constitutional showdown by doing something we’ve never seen: imposing a $100,000-per-day fine on...
Read More
Padden reminds abortion clinics about need to comply with state law Padden reminds abortion clinics about need to comply with state law
As the scandal involving sales of fetal body parts continues to make headlines across the nation, Sen. Mike Padden is reminding Washington’s abortion providers that state law protects fetuses that have a heartbeat, are moving, or otherwise are showing signs of life outside the womb. Since 1981 the section of...
Read More
Sad news… a death in the legislative family
20120203-0027_original
Sad news… a death in the legislative family
Late last week I received the sad news that a longtime friend and colleague, former Senator Bob Morton (pictured above, in the Senate chamber), had passed away at age 81.  Bob served the people of the 7th Legislative District from 1990 to 2012, first in the House of Representatives and then...
Read More
Looking back: Lowering tuition, defending life and more work to do on DUIs
IMG_8011 - Copy
Looking back: Lowering tuition, defending life and more work to do on DUIs
Thanks to the efforts of Senate Republicans, college students and their families will see tuition reduced by 5 percent across the board this fall, and by even more in 2016, for a total 15 percent reduction at UW and WSU and a total 20 percent at Eastern, Western, Central and...
Read More
Keep Reading

Subscribe

Those who receive my regular e-newsletters have access to straight from the state Capitol. Sign up today, and you can take the next step toward participating directly in your state government.

I'm Here to Serve You

A representative government only works when those represented take an active part in the process. I'm here to serve you, and your direct input helps me do my job better. Please don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail, phone or by mail, or make an appointment to see me in person. I look forward to hearing from you!